The first ever FIFA World Cup was played in 1930 in Uruguay. Uruguay won this world cup by defeating Argentina in the final by 4-2. Since then, total 20 World Cups have been played while no World Cup was played in 1942 and 1946 because of the second world war. In this article, we are gonna list all the FIFA World Cup Winners, Runners-Up, and Hosts.
Given below is the list of all the World Cup Winners, Runners-up, and Hosts.
FIFA World Cup Winners, Runners-Up, and Hosts:
|Year||Host Country||Winner||Runners-up||Total Teams Participated|
|1974||West Germany||West Germany||Netherlands||16|
|2002||Japan & South Korea||Brazil||Germany||32|
|2026||To be decided||48|
Summary of all the World Cups from 1930 to 2014:
- Brazil has won the most number of World Cups i.e., 5. Brazil is also the one and only nation that has participated in all the World Cups from 1930 to 2014.
- Germany has played most number of World Cup Finals i.e., 8. They won four of them.
- The Netherlands is the most unfortunate team as they have played 3 finals but failed to win them.
- Asia and Africa have hosted 1 World Cup each. 2002 World Cup was hosted by Japan & South Korea while 2010 World Cup was hosted by South Africa.
- Italy has a total of 4 World Cups and is on number 2 on the list along with Germany.
- In the history of World Cups, just 12 teams have reached the Final of the tournament and 8 of them have won the finals.
- Uruguay, Italy, France, England, Argentina, and West Germany are the teams that have also won a World Cup as hosts.
- All the finalist teams are either from South America or Europe.
- What are your predictions about the finalists of 2018 World Cup? Have your say in the comment form below.