Group stages of 2018 FIFA World Cup just ended yesterday. 16 teams were moved to the next level while 16 teams had to go back. A lot of shocking results and moments were witnessed during the group stage. Germany eliminated from the 2018 FIFA World Cup in the group stages, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo missing the penalties, Iceland giving tough time to Argentina, and a bundle of other memorable moments was witnessed. Only three teams were able to win all their group matches, i.e., Belgium, Uruguay, and Croatia.
Belgium was already among the favorite teams to win the 2018 World Cup because of their balanced squad. Romelu Lukaku, Hazard brothers, Mertens. and Adnan Januzaj is Belgium’s key players. In defense, they have Kompany, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, and Vermaelen. In the presence of Courtois and Mignolet, their goalkeeping department is superb.
Belgium at the 2028 FIFA World Cup:
They played their first group match with Panama and defeated them by 3 – 0. Lukaku scored 2 goals while 1 goal was scored by Dries Mertens.
In their second match, they defeated Tunisia by 5 – 2. It was the top scoring game of the group stages in the 2018 world cup. Hazard and Lukaku scored 2 goals each while the 5th goal was scored by Batshuayi.
In their 3rd match, they met England and defeated them by 1 – 0. Adnan Januzaj was the goal-scorer.
Belgium will play their first knockout match with Japan on 2nd July. If they win this match, they will play Brazil or Mexico in the Quarter-finals. If they beat Brazil or Mexico in the Quarter-finals, they will meet Uruguay, France, Portugal, and Argentina in the Semi-finals. Except for Uruguay, all the teams have faced difficulties against their opponents.
Belgium vs Japan Head to Head:
They played their last match on 14th November 2017. Japan won this match by 1 – 0.
Predictions for this match:
Chances of Belgium’s victory are 70% while Japan’s chances are 10%. There is a 20% chance that this match will be a draw and the result will be decided on penalties.
What are your predictions for this match?